Who says spending time with your kids has to consist of you participating in active sports you know your body can’t handle anymore? Tired of falling every 2 seconds while rollerskating? Had your fix of trampoline “fun zones” that leaves your back in knots? If you ever see another rock climbing wall it will be too soon, right? Well lucky for you I have listed a few fun (mostly free) activities that your kids will LOVE. You can thank me later!
- Go to the movies. These days those G rated movies aren’t just for kids, adults like them too! I’m a HUGE Despicable Me fan! (don’t judge me!)
- Enjoy the massage chairs at the Brookstone store. No, i’m not kidding! My
daughter and I LOVE going to Brookstone to relax in the big, leather, full-body massage chairs. It’s a good 20 minutes of “Ahhhhhh” while you’re at the mall and best of all, it’s totally free to enjoy! (Note: not for small kids. I don’t want you getting kicked out of the store because your kid got applesauce on everything!)
- Read Together. Reading together is an awesome way to relax with your kid. Either you read or you each have your own book to enjoy and curl up together. Make it a regular activity.
- Enjoy puzzles. It’s time to bring back puzzles. Get one that has 1,000 pieces and go for it! But remember, if you get too frustrated it’s not relaxing anymore so don’t stress yourself out trying to fit those tiny pieces!
- Play chess. Chess is not only a game of intellect, its also very relaxing. Keep your child’s mind sharp and playing chess is a great skill to have as they get older.
- Try yoga. Yoga is a great way for kids to strengthen their body-mind connection, increase flexibility and sharpen their concentration. And guess what? Children who practice yoga are able to concentrate better during the day, focus better on their activities, and pay attention to their tasks.